More often than not, Wade is the one who paints Miss Avery's nails. It's a daddy thing at our house. (He is a foot doctor, right?) This morning it was no different. She needed a sparkly new pink pedicure for church. Up on the counter she went, and out came the toe nail polish. Anything for his little princess Avery Ann.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Someone decided to finally stop procrastinating and do his science fair project today. That is due next week (when Wade is out of town again). At least he decided to finish it today while Wade could help, instead of next week, right? So between that, 7 loads of laundry, taxes, Eli teething, and the lingering man-cold at our house I am finally posting my Saturday Seven. Enjoy.
1. Gage turns 8 on Thursday, then he will be baptized on the 10th. I attempted a few pictures of him for an announcement this week. It sure went well. :/ We'll be trying again this weekend.
2. Bikes at playgroup.
3. Monday night family home evening project. Self portraits and pictures of what we are each good at.
4. Wade was gone to scouts at bedtime Wednesday. I had a million and half loads of laundry to fold and put away, that I had already avoided 2 days in a row. So I made a deal, I would put away their laundry if I could skip reading to them. Gage decided that wasn't good enough and read the book to Noah himself.
5. Working on his first pinewood derby car.
6. Thursday night the women at our church got together for a pie social. Here is my trusty set up crew
being bribed with a little dinner before their hard work.
7. Friday night means pizza and movie night.
We danced our little hearts out while watching Lemonade Mouth.
We liked it on Disney, now it's on Netflix.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Our little man turned 18 months today!
Who can resist those big brown eyes?
Eli is such a happy boy. He loves cars, trains, his two fingers and his 2 blue blankets. He loves to eat. He eats and eats and eats anything! We don't need clocks around this house, every day without fail, at 5pm he will yell and push on my legs until I help him climb into his booster chair at the table. Then he will sit there with his blanket in one hand and his two fingers from his other hand in his mouth and stare at me while I finish making dinner. Talk about patience!
Eli doesn't talk much, he says mama, dada, ello (hello) and racker (cracker). But he understand so much! A couple stories that illustrate this:
One night at the dinner table he was gobbling up ravioli faster that I could keep it on his plate. Jokingly I leaned over and told him, "Eli, if I find all this ravioli under the table, or under your chair you will have to sit on the stairs for time out." We all laughed about this, but little Eli took me seriously, he kept looking at me, and then staring at one piece on the floor, and then back at me, and the piece on the floor. Pretty soon his bottom lip came out and he started to cry! Even though I kept assuring him that he wasn't in trouble, he was so sad and wouldn't stop crying until I picked up the piece of food on the floor, and held him for the rest of the meal.
One morning Eli, Avery and I were playing trains. He (accidentally I'm sure?) hit Avery on the with a very heavy piece of bridge track. She was pretty upset and crying. While I was holding her I looked at Eli and asked him to "Go upstairs and find Avery's brown bear?" I really didn't think he would do it, but up the stairs he went. Then he returned with her brown bear and gave her the biggest hug!
Eli loves to follow Avery into the bathroom every time she goes potty. He sits on her little potty (since she has graduated to the big one) dangling and kicking his feet. He then stands up, washes his hands and claps for himself! When I change his diapers he always has to throw the dirty diaper away for me.
Just lately he has really started to tease his sister. We should probably put a stop to it, but it's pretty funny and cute to watch. Sometimes he grabs her brown bear and runs from her. Other times he pretends he is going to share with her only to pull it away at the last moment and run away. He always giggles and laughs.
Eli loves to listen on the phone. He loves to color (I mean eat crayons). He loves play dough and tries to play Legos with his brothers. He pushes his pink grocery cart around all day long.
He is one of our best sleepers. He takes one long good nap every afternoon. He can sleep through anything and everything. He has been known to sleep through birthday parties and play dates. It's great! He goes to bed at 7pm and sleeps all night until 7. Most of the time he even sleeps right through his sisters tantrums only feet away in the same room.
Eli loves giving cuddles, kisses and hugs you with his arms tight around your neck. He is such a sweet boy!
But let's be honest, one of the the best part of him turning 18 months is now he gets to go to nursery at church! Between Avery and Eli, a day at church with all kids in class has been 3 long years in the making. Despite how sad this might make Wade, I'm positive he will love being a big kid like the rest of them and going to class. Plus, his big sister will be there to boss him around for every second of it.
Happy 18 Months Eli!
Sunday, February 19, 2012
We had dinner in Oly tonight at my parents.
I hadn't even made it inside the door and the boys were already back outside with their remote control cars.
Grandma made us all a yummy ham dinner.
Grandpa read Noah and Avery some books.
And Gage and Eli invented a new game with the ottomans.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
1. Tuesday after school drop off we headed home. The 3 enjoyed some shows on the "little TV" while I got ready for the day. Many, many moons ago I bought this TV for my college dorm room. Wade is always trying to convince me to get rid of it, but it works for mornings like this. The kids love hanging out in our bedroom.
2. We finished the second Harry Potter this week. It takes us so long to get through the books. If Wade is gone during bedtime (which happens a lot) it's hard for me to find time to read to them. We watched the movie this weekend, and even though they knew exactly what would happen, I ended up with 3 little boys on my lap. I didn't mind.
3. If you ignore me when I ask to clean up your legos, I threaten. And if you then take your battle ship lego, point it at me and "blast" me into space so you don't have to listen, this is what happens. They get taped up and taken away all week long.
4. It's been a cold and deary day today. But the zoo membership came to the rescue. (Is there any way to go then a membership when you have 6 people in the family?) We only went to the aquarium, that's all Eli loves. He's all about the fish and sharks.
5. Hair cut. It's sad that I only make time to do this 2 or 3 times a year. I didn't do much, trimmed the ends and some bangs. I've never had this long of hair before.
6. At playgroup this week some of us decorated sugar cookies. And some of us just ate a bunch of sprinkles.
7. On early out Wednesday we had pretty nice, dry weather too! While Eli took a nap the older 3 went out back and played for 2 hours! They made mud houses, found bugs, all sorts of messy stuff. We are ready for spring.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Valentine's day this year started out on Saturday when Wade surprised me with a date! He even had had the kids favorite babysitter lined up for a few weeks prior to this! We went on a double date with our friends and had a good time at dinner and then watched The Vow. This is the first time in 13 years he has ever surprised me with a date. (And when I pointed that out to him, he told me it is pretty awkward for him to approach teenage girls at church and talk to them about babysitting, without coming off strange. Good point, he wins.)
We normally aren't big Valentine celebrators, and the price for dinner, movie and babysitter is hard to swallow, but it was with it for a night out. (you know...the twice a year we go out!)
For classes this year the kids did different things.
I found a box of Lego valentines in the Valentine bin I bought on clearance last year after the holiday. It didn't take long for Gage to claim these. We also made some pretzel/turtle cookies for his class.
I also stole this idea off Pinterest and made some "Shooting for some brownie point" gifts for the boys teachers.
Noah's party is actually tomorrow. I had forgot this useful bit of information and Sunday night at 9:30 I had a little freak out and rushed getting everything ready. He helped me make crayons one day last week, I just needed to finish putting them together. Avery has a few of these too for her friends. She had a good time helping us mix the colors of the crayons too.
I wasn't sure if we would see Wade today before bedtime, so we spent a little time after school putting together a candy gram and giant card for him.
They had a lot of fun making up the candy-gram. I couldn't resist adding a little PG-13 ps to it either.
Then we finished off the night with some heart shaped homemade pizza.
Since Wade left at 6:30 this morning and I hadn't heard a word from him all day (he is on-call). I assumed he was super busy. I was getting the kids in bed and looking forward a night of catching up on my Downton Abby when Wade walked in the door! Woo hoo for him coming home just in time to see the kids! I'm hoping that since it is heart day, I can convince him to watch Downton Abbey with me....
but then again, he did just take me to a chick flick this weekend.
Happy Love Day. I am glad I get to celebrate it with such great people:)
(I am OCD and can't blog out of order. So look forward to our Valentine's post is coming later today)
Saturday we had a little low key party for Avery's 3rd birthday. She certainly is one very loved girl!
She wanted her Grandma and Pa-Pa (Grandpa) to come over and Luca and Linkin.
Sidenote: Just this morning when we were packing Gage's valentine's she was sad she didn't have any. I told her she didn't go to school, but we would be having a little party at playgroup.
She then told me, "Well, I need them for my people mom."
Me, "Who are your people?"
Avery, "You know (insert eye roll)...Linkin, Luca, Doug, Cookie (Courtney) and Grandma and Pa Pa. Those are my people!"
Seriously - did she just turn 3, or 16?
Avery had a lot of fun opening all her princess-dress up clothes.
It seemed like after every outfit she pulled out of the bag, that she wanted to put it on.
Then of course, we had to have pink cupcakes and chocolate frosting.
And since Wade was out of town on his birthday we had chocolate cake for him too. Wade did a good job avoiding the attention, and Linkin did a good job helping out with the candles.
After lunch, presents and cupcakes were had, everyone ran upstairs for playtime. With the exception of Eli, who quickly stole the show from his sister.
It didn't take long for a couple of the big kids to catch on and hand him the leftovers of everyone elses cupcakes. He didn't seem to mind!
Avery spent the rest of the afternoon and weekend playing with her new playdough set and trying a new princess dress on every 5 minutes.
Happy Day for our little Princess Avery Ann!
Sunday, February 12, 2012
We've got a birthday girl today. (Although she is convinced her birthday was yesterday)
We enjoyed a little bit of Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets this morning while Eli took his nap. Reading out-loud to them is kinda slow-going at times, but so fun. We don't mind re-reading the Harry Potter books anytime!
Puzzles, legos, dress up and playing with pink and purple balloons is what we are doing today.
Love Sunday mornings.
(click for larger image)
Avery Ann is 3 today!
Avery is such a fun girl to have in our family. At one point, before we had her, we thought having a family full of boys would be fun. Now we LOVE having one girl in the mix. There is no question that she is the princess and that she has us all wrapped around her finger.
Avery loves being a big girl. She loves pink and purple and being a princess. She has a unique fashion sense and you can't tell her to wear anything that she doesn't want too. She is very independent and wants to do anything and everything herself.
Avery loves to pull a chair up to the counter and help me with anything in the kitchen. (She has to stand on a chair, because she is terrified to sit on the bar stools). She loves to make her own peanut butter and jelly sandwich at lunchtime.
She is a girly-girl and a tom boy at the same time. She will wear a princess dress, including matching shoes, crown and accessories and then fill her purse full of rocks cars and dirt.
Avery loves to read. Her favorite book right now is Pinkalicious; she can read the whole book to you.
It's hard to believe that she is 3. We had a little fun party for her yesterday. She now changes princess dresses about every 5 minutes!
You can see and read about when Avery joined our family here (I think this is the one and only time Wade ever blogged) and here.
Saturday, February 11, 2012
1. Monday we picked up Wade at the airport! We surprised him by making signs and going inside to meet him. The kids were fascinated with the airport. If only flying a family of 6 were more affordable.
2. Tuesday I planned out a 2 week menu plan and skipped out on bedtime. I let Wade tuck everyone in while I hung out at my favorite grocery store. Seriously, the best prices and the one I go to has the friendliest employes and is NEVER crowded. Would Walmart every look this empty at 6:30? No way!
3. Wade came home with a Bullet Blender from Utah. The kids are in love and enjoying smoothies all the time now. Noah's favorite is chocolate milk with peanut butter and a little banana.
4. Thursday is a our down day. We play around the house, run to the library, catch up. It's always good to have a catch up day.
5. Friday is always cleaning day. I clean bathrooms, sweep, mop, vacuum, laundry. I get followed around by lots of little helpers.
6. Wade plays tennis every Friday night, so I get to have a girly movie. I watched two episodes of my new favorite Show, Downton Abbey Sunday night while Wade was gone (and couldn't take over the remote). Now I'm hooked. Friday I watched 3 episodes of season 1. If you haven't seen it yet, you should.
7. And last, but not least, we spent today celebrating this very special girls 3rd birthday. (it's tomorrow).
She requested pink cup cakes, chicken legs, her friend Linkin and Grandma and Pa-Pa (Grandpa). We now have a very messy house, overload of pink balloons, dress up clothes and one very happy three year old princess.
Friday, February 10, 2012
Someone learned how to climb on the table this week.
You know, the place we keep the legos.
The tiny toys.
The things we want to keep him from breaking.
He now seems to think he must be up there at all times.
Dancing around, giggling and laughing at us.
He just knows this is something he is getting away with.
Besides, who could really tell this cutie no?