After Wade finished boards I was off to play...at our Bullard Family Sister's Weekend! The last time we were able to have one of these was almost two years ago in Denver (see post by clicking here). I can't believe it's been that long! Everyone was able to come to Olympia this time...and I was able to leave the older three kids at home and only take nursing baby Eli.
And what do we Bullard girls like to do when we are together? If you asked all our husbands, you would hear the answer, "eat, eat and more eating." So, here we are. Kathy and I at Taco Time on Friday. This is of course our late lunch. After our breakfast and second breakfast.
And why Taco Time? Well, it might have to do a little bit with our second thing we like to do when we all get together...drink Diet Coke. And lots of it:)
This picture was taken Saturday after a shopping trip. Baby Ken kept texting us asking how many cases of Diet Coke we had consumed. Here is your answer Baby Ken. The Diet Coke well at Red Robin ran dry after our visit!
All Diet Coke jokes aside, we did have a fantastic time sister's weekend. Friday some of us went to the temple,some of us shopped. We had pizza for dinner and had a family meeting about our next family reunion. We stayed up WAY too late sleeping in one big room on air mattresses. We ate chocolate and painted toe-nails. We got our craft on (notice the flower pins?) You would think we were teenage girls, not mom's in their 30's and 40s.
Saturday we shopped and ate some more. Consumed more Diet Coke. We played some fun games and giggled a lot. I know our husbands and brother't won't believe it unless I document it and blog it, but we watched the Apple Cup (WSU versus UofW). Things got a little heated and interesting during this part of sister's weekend. Baby Ken texted us so much, I think he wanted to join our party:)
Sunday morning came along too fast. We all attended church with my mom but then all headed off to the airport for our goodbyes. It was so much fun, but sad to see everyone go.
And just because I know you are all wondering what Eli was doing during all these shenanigans? Don't feel bad for little baby Eli. He got coo-ed, coodled and carried around so much by all his Aunties. I almost never had to hold him.
All that attention made for one happy baby boy.
And of course, since we were in Olympia, he always had his counterpart, or partner in crime to hang out with....Grandpa Bullard.
Thanks Mom and Dad for hosting Sister's Weekend! I don't know where I would be if it weren't for my sisters and mom. I wish we could live closer, but weekends like this almost make up for it. It really was such a blast!
1 comment:
Baby EI sure looks like his sister when he wears a bow in his hair!
Post a Comment