Thursday, February 26, 2009
As you can tell from her pictures, she still likes to sleep a lot, I still haven't got a good picture of her with her eyes open. At night she sleeps at least one 4 hour session...which is double the amount the either boy slept for their first 6 months. She's a gassy little girl, which hopefully doesn't turn into colic (like Gage)..her Dr. today said that it might?!?
Time is really flying by - Happy 2 week old birthday Miss Avery.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Miss Avery is one week old now. She is a good little baby. She loves to sleep, nurse and make messy diapers. She likes to open her eyes and look around and listen to all the craziness she has joined. She is already a better sleeper at night than Gage or Noah. Gage is such a big helper, he loves to hold her and sing "You are my Sunshine" to her over and over. Noah, well, he loves her in that "special" two year old way. He seems like the most ginormous kid since we brought little Avery home.
Besides sleep deprived - and she really just wakes up to eat and then goes right back to sleep, so I can't complain, I feel pretty good. Wade's been back in rotations all week, so I know I couldn't do it without my parents. They are great at taking the boys outside to race trucks on the driveway, make robot crafts or read books to them every day.
I was able to finish Avery's pregnant album last night (while wathing Grey's). I totally miss paper scrapbooking, and love the 365 project because I get to do a little of it at a time, but since we are not really in our own space right now, digital is really nice. Plus, I was able to finish my pregnant album within a week of having her! I didn't finish Noah's book until a month ago, and the only reason I finished it was I was packing the scrapbooks for storage (sad!) and thought I better just finish those last two pages that had been lingering for the past 2 years.
Now I just need to print and I'll be done! I am going to do her first year digital, so I can't wait to get started. YAY for finally getting to scrapbook girl colors!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Third time's a charm....
I put this outfit on her this morning and it looks like it will be a "one time use" outfit. She is already too long for it. Darn, it's cute. I have another one just like it in pink - but I got them on clearance for $2! I can't be too sad about one time use at that price.
Happy Wednesday. We are heading outside for playtime!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Thanks for all the nice comments, and to Wade for actually blogging about little Avery. I guess it takes a baby girl for him to blog about something, I'm pretty sure I even did Noah's birth when we had him.
Congratulations to Allison S. for winning the baby birth-day. She was within 10 minutes! The best part not only did she win, but she won on her birthday!
Tuesday at my Dr. appointment my blood pressure was still pretty high, so after some discussion I got the go ahead to be induced Thursday.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yeah
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I was excited, Wade, in denial. He made me take 3 tests and visit the Dr. before he got the idea. Then he said, "well good thing I have 9 months" He was such a goof ball, we had been married for 3 years and talking about starting our family for a while.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? NO
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23, 15 days shy of 24 when I had him
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took 3 tests - refer to number 3
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Wade
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yeah!
9. DUE DATE? March 15, my birthday
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? yeah, at night
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Arby's Roast beef sandwiches, with horsey sauce. I would eat there on my lunch break from work and then convince Wade to take me there for dinner that night. I always made sure we went to different Arby's so the people didn't see me two times a day!
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? nobody
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? male
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? no, Wade thought it was a girl, I didn't really care. I had read somewhere if you craved protein that it was a boy, so I kinda thought boy, but you can't always believe what you read. I didn't really care.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 40ish
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? yes, 3
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? at the end I had high blood pressure and was measuring smaller with lower amniotic fluid so I was induced. I've been induced with high blood pressure with each baby.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 5 total
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? I drove myself, I had stress tests every other day for the blood pressure and so I was going in for that and they decided to keep me. Wade wasn't even with me.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Wade
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? epidural
25. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS GIVING BIRTH?I had some complications 2 weeks after, if you really want to know details, email me. Wade and I are both VERY glad it didn't happen with Noah and hope it won't happen again.
26. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?6 lbs. 15 oz.
27. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? March 1, 9:30 pm
28. HOW MANY DAYS WERE YOU IN THE HOSPITAL?2 days.
29. BREASTFEED OR BOTTLE FEED? Bottle and he turned out just fine. We missed the breastfeeding class while I was in the hospital because he was getting his echo cardiogram, he had 6 problems with his heart when he was born - most have fixed themselves. Wade had some nice words who he deemed the "Breastfeeding Nazi Nurse" She made me cry because I didn't go to that class, but being with Gage during that test is where I needed to be.
30. ANY OTHER MEMORIES YOU’D LIKE TO SHARE? The Dr. and the nurse staff all commented immediately about how loud he was. He has been "loud" and "spirited" ever since.
31. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Gage Oliver
32. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? He will be 5 in 18 days!
We now have a date, it's sooner than later.
If you haven't made a guess yet, click here and leave a comment.
Saturday, February 07, 2009
My parents are experts at this - apparently we did this a lot when we were growing up I just don't remember, since we moved when I was 3. I'm sure I was a lot of help at that age too.
So Saturday we got all our gear packed, Wade bought his license ($6), and we headed off to the beach. I said a little prayer that I would not be having a "water birth" 3 hours from my hospital.
Who would have guessed that you needed so much gear to clam dig. Knee boots are a must, but if you have hip waders that is better. You need a bag or basket to keep your catch in. You need a shovel - the sell certain clam digging shovels. And if you want to make life easier, you need a clam gun. (the big tube type thing my mom is holding)
First step, you walk way out during low tide and look for the little spit bubbles that clams make. Then you take your gun - or shovel - and dig. The gun is pretty easy, you shove it and and then pull it out and it works like a vacuum. Then you kick through the dirt and look for the clam.
Here are the clamers with their catch. You limit at 15 a piece. Wade got the biggest one - Gage is pretty proud of this.
All these dirt piles are places people have dug for clams. It really was crazy how fast everyone on the beach was maxing out.
After our fun day, we headed home to clean our catch. This is a picture of Wade holding the biggest clam of the day. While I really like to eat clams, I think they really are an unattractive creature!
As you can tell, he was very excited about his presents. Maybe it was because I wrapped them in baby girl gift bags left over from my baby shower.
We spent the day hanging out as a family. He took it off work and we played at the YMCA, walked around Cabela's and dreamed and played some Lego Star Wars on the Xbox 360.
For dinner we went to The Oyster House in downtown Olympia. Wade took some pictures of the sound before dinner. These two pictures were actually taken at the same time - one with flash and one without.
Friday, February 06, 2009
My sister sent me this email. I thought it was pretty funny since both our husbands graduate from medical school in May.
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of
Health and Human Services.
Now think about this:
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.
(Yes, that's 80 million)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.
Statistics courtesy of FBI
So, statistically, doctors are approximately
9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'
FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT
ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.
Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Sunday, February 01, 2009
But apparently this means Baby Girl thinks it's about time.
Last night I started having contractions, the real ones, not braxton hicks - they hurt and they came 3 to 4 minutes apart. I am the mother of two and have never had contractions on my own - without drugs. I know exactly what contractions feel like, but I've never had to make the decision on when to go to the hospital. Plus, now that we've moved we are 40 minutes from the hospital that I am going to deliver at, I am crazy - I didn't even know what to do last night! (Wade had a good laugh when I told him that my OB had given me a pamphlet on this exact subject last appointment that I glanced at and then threw away.)
Well, obviously, since you are not looking at pictures of our cute baby girl, after a few hours the contractions went away.
Leave a comment with the time and date you think our baby girl will be born on. (If someone else has already guessed your time, guess another time.) After she is born we will figure out who was closest and the winner will receive a $10 Amazon.com gift card!
HINTS: My Dr. thinks my due date is Feb. 27. My ultrasound said Feb. 22. I was induced with both Gage and Noah 10 days early. My next Dr. a appointment is Thursday afternoon.