9 years ago when we got married Wade and I made an agreement: he would take care of the outside "stuff" and I would take care of the majority of the inside stuff. Some how the boy has lucked out because we have never had a lawn or outside "stuff" for him to do until now. (and
I have to say he has never sat watching me do all the inside stuff all these years, he can do one mean cleaning to the bathroom and kitchen!)
Today he called when he was done with clinic hours and said it would be a while until he got home because of all the paperwork. He really misses putting his boys to bed when this happens and I could just tell it hadn't been his best day.
The lawn was growing inches every hour and the trash barrel was needing to be brought in, but the boy melts my heart, so outside "stuff" I'll do to see a happy face when he gets home.
Avery Ann experienced the first with me - we had both never mowed a lawn before. YES, I'm 29 and never mowed a lawn. It wasn't too hard...maybe the fact that our yard is the tiniest thing ever has something to do with that...or it was just because we were doing it to impress a cute boy.
16 comments:
Love the picture! Avery is just hangin' out!
I know how you feel. More and more I am the one mowing the lawn because Ryan can't find the time. The cool thing is Ayden is big enough now to do half of it, so it isn't too bad!!
That is the best picture ever!
One of the disadvantages of having all sisters, we were always mowing the lawn, washing the cars, and changing the oil. Luckily though my dad took care of the garbage so we didn't have to mess with that.
You and Avery are so cute, I hope your cute boy was impressed :)
that is super cute! what a sweet wifey you are! i hope it made him smile!
and by the way...i think my sister remembers I wrong...I took care of the garbage!
you go girl!! I'm very impressed even if Wade isn't (although he'd BETTER be :))
You are so funny! I love that you are using an old-fashioned push mower. We used to have one of those. It's probably not hard on a small lawn, but on a big one it really tires you out. Avery is just hanging there like she is glued to your tummy. And you look like you are enjoying mowing the yard, much too much. When I mow the yard, I look sweaty and gross, and strained. You make it look fashionable and fun! I can't stop smiling at that picture :) I'm sure Wade loved that you did that for him. You are such a good wifey and mama!
Hope you are all doing great! Miss ya!!
You've never mowed before? Lucky! I had to all the time growing up. But, like you, I now have a really nice husband who takes care of that. Haven't touched a mower for years now.
Love it!!
That was great! I think you rock to do it with Avery! I've literally "ran - mowed" while the boys napped. How is residency? Your kids are so cute. Shawn's at Greely, CO now, and we are getting ready to move to SLC. You'll have to let me know fun, cheap things to do with the kids there!
Debbi, I am almost 31 and have never mowed a lawn. Who cares! I never needed to learn. (But yes we have a huge lawn.)
Cute pic of you and your babe!
Ya know, sometimes it is not so bad to mow the lawn. It's like 1 hour of uninterrupted time, when I can listen to music, or just have time alone with my thoughts. Of course I'm not saying I don't have the boys mow now that they are 11. And I never mowed a lawn with a baby attached!
The only reason I mowed our lawn was to get a tan (growing up!).
I think whatever reason you were doing it you looked super cute :) I'm sure Wade appreciated it too.
Love it, you really had never mowed a lawn? This is my choice of job, seriously I would rather be outside.
don't feel bad, i never mowed a yard until this summer!! and i'm 29, so there ya go. Now, I LOVE IT!! haha i won't even let chris do it! now, weedeating on the other hand, is up to him. i am not doing that! haha
You have such a great attitude about supporting Wade. The pic is darling! And it looks like Gage's camera skills are improving.
You are the cutesr thing ever, Debbi! And how the heck did Avery Ann get to be 6 months old? I refuse to believe it.
Post a Comment