Saturday, September 29, 2007
Friday, September 28, 2007
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Ok - so the movie theater. Let's just say - a tad bit creepy. Two guys were the only workers there and I'm not sure if they liked all us giggley girls cramping their night alone. We had them take pictures of us an only one turned out - and not really that well. They did let us play behind the treat counter though! To bad we couldn't all get free drinks for being the happiest and hottest patrons of all time.
As soon as got all our giggles out and all our flashy photo sessions we headed into the theater only to see the end of the movie playing?!?! WHAT? We all gasp - did we miss the entire show? We didn't want to know how it ended! (That she died, found love, lost love or wrote a book or anything to that extent.) Our loud obnoxious bantering totally ruined the mood for the poor lone woman watching that showing and we finally figured out that we were just to early for our showing. That gave us some time to put our feet up and relax. We also got a chance to eat our smuggled loot and chat before the show began.
Now on to the movie review. I am not a movie critic. I hardly am a want-to-be book critic. I know that the girls I went with are totally going to disagree with me on this one but I loved the movie and was happy with the ending. (Imagine that - she did write a book after all!?)
My naive self didn't want to know if she ended up married or not - so I blocked out all memories I had of reading any information on Jane before the movie. Or maybe it was just the long day I had. Either way, I didn't think she ever married, but I couldn't remember exactly. I loved the love story and I actually loved that she didn't end up married. It gave her fiction more meaning to me. She found a way to write true fiction. I loved Anne Hathaway. I loved the soundtrack and I really wish those dresses would come back in style.
I have a book I've already started this week, but it will have to go on the back burner for now. Jane Austen. Jane Austen. Jane Austen. I loved girls night out and I loved Becoming Jane!
1. Last night a fun time was had by all as we enjoyed a girls night out. We saw the movie Becoming Jane and have fantastic pictures. I will post these later today!
3. I read a wonderful book this week: The Read Aloud Handbook. It has very good ideas about how to get your kids excited about reading and how beneficial reading is. Gage started a reading caterpillar on his door. He loves adding a body part for each book or chapter he reads. I will be posting more fun ideas I've learned next week on My Reading Spot.
4. I am the mom to two of the most handsome boys on the planet. It's my blog so I can say that. We got new Sunday shirts for them and I attempted to take their picture before church this past weekend. Don't they just make you laugh?
What's your good news for the day?
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
You won't want to miss checking out these books. They are such great books and for such great prices!
Friday was our turn to watch for our date group. We watch 6 kids and then in turn get two other weekends off! It truly is the best invention in the world and I highly recommend it to anyone.
We trade for 3 hours. This is how we spent our evening: First we played inside and got Wade's jumbo white board out for everyone to color on. Wade drew pictures for the kids on the white board and entertained them with games such as "guess this shape" "guess this picture". Then we headed outside to enjoy the wonderful weather we had. It was such a wonderful night Friday so that took up an entire hour of our time! We played soccer and drew with sidewalk chalk.
After enjoying the great outdoors we headed in to read one of Gage's favorite books Sammy and the Robots. In this book Sammy's robot is broken so he has to make new ones while his original robot is at the robot hospital. So, yep, you guessed it, after the book we headed to the table to create our own robots. The girls made purple and pink robots. Gage's was blue. Gage loved this activity and we have made several more robots this weekend!
It was then time to settle down for a snack and a movie. But we had no ordinary snack planned. Special rainbow drinks were on order. They liquids actually separate to form a rainbow - can you guess how they do it? I'll give you a hint, it all has to do with sugar and the drinks we used were: grape juice, Poweraide and Diet Sprite. I don't think that they taste that good, but I'm not a 3 year old. Popcorn and Beauty and the Beast were next up.
I'm sure not all our Friday nights will not be this creative, but with some planning I think they end up really fun. Now it's our turn to enjoy two free weekends! Woo Hoo!
Friday, September 21, 2007
Take the Quiz here!
Yes - I know - 3rd post of the day, and another quiz, but I saw this on another blog and couldn't resist. I am Anne Elliot of Persuasion! It said:
Let's face it, you're easily persuaded, especially when faced with choices that are or aren't 'the Elliot way.' But this doesn't mean that you don't have conviction. Actually, your sense of duty is overwhelming. And though you won't stick your neck out too often, you have learned to speak up when it counts. To boot, you know how to handle sticky situations. You love deeply and constantly.
Who are you?
That's right, you read right. I have been proven numerous times in the past week that my little Noah is abnormally strange and loves it when I bring the vacuum out. Let me explain about how I happened upon this strange phenomenon.
Each night (yes, I am compulsive about this) around 5:00 we pick up all the toys and I have Gage jump up on the couch. I hold Noah with one arm as I get the deed done with the other free hand. Gage loves to pretend that I am going to vacuum toys as he bombs me with them from the couch. He squeals and loves playing this game. Well a few weeks ago I noticed Noah was getting really had to hold on to. I mean REALLY hard. He would wiggle and squirm. I figured he was scared of the noise. Then last week I couldn't hold on to his 19 1/2 pound squirming body any longer and I put him down while I finished the room. I figured he would scream, and the floor would be clean in a few seconds, but as soon as I put him down he was off....he giggled and chased the vacuum every where I went!
What a strange boy. He loves to be put on the floor when I vacuum. He loves to chase it around. He laughs and giggles when I bump him with it and pretend to vacuum him up. He even cries when I have to put it away!
I love that they makes this 5:00 cleaning so fun. Gage bombs the living room with toys from the couch and Noah chases me around. What funny boys! Bring on 5:00.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
1. We love sleeper jammies. They look the cutest and are so much fun. When we got home from the store Gage insisted in wearing his around. Although it was 4 o'clock he wore his jammies. He loves them and Noah loves them.
2. I finished this book last night and it was great. I can't wait to get get my hands on the next one in the series. If you want to borrow it let me know! If you love Twilight - and I know you all do - then try this series, or A Great and Terrible Beauty. Both are series you will enjoy! Other books I've finished this past week: Mr. Darcy's Diary and Darby. All reviews are found on My Reading Spot.
3. Today is story time. Gage is old enough for the story time that I can leave him at and he loves the independence. I read magazines and sit with Noah outside in the children area while Gage goes to story time by himself. Yesterday we went to a different library story time and he made a cool fish tank. Yippie for libraries!
4. Tomorrow is soccer! His attention span is VERY short, but it's so fun to see him try the drills and learn new skills. I am such a poet.
5. I'm planning my next book swap for October. I'm really excited - I love swaps. Anyone else game?
6. Gage is finally drinking real milk. I know it sounds crazy to post about this, but it really is good news. 3 1/2 years of soy formula and lactose free milk are in the past. I love that I can buy one king of milk for our family now!
What's your good news?
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Anyway, at this park you can drive to Clark Tower, a fun place that you can climb and overlook Madison County. The colors this time of year are fantastic. We then had some fun at the playground, playing at one of the covered bridge and then getting lost in a hedge maze.
My favorite picture of the entire trip is when Wade was trying to balance on the top of a rail to get a picture of the maze. He lost his balance and managed to save himself, the camera and take a picture. Gage then tried to act like Daddy. That is when I said it was time to get in the van and go home. What a fun afternoon!
Which Twilight novel character are you?
You're Edward Cullen - You have great taste for the finer things in life, a classic style, and you understand the way people work so you can manipulate easily. You have many talents and a bit of a temper, but you are mostly level-headed and rational.
Take this quiz!
Make A Quiz More Quizzes Grab Code
I saw this on another blog and couldn't resist taking the quiz. It's pretty fun so take it and see who you are! (To take click on the word quiz in the sentence above that says "Take this quiz")
Friday, September 14, 2007
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
- I LOVE feeling healthy again. I don't wish a kidney infection on anyone - they come from a UTI, so watch out. I am very glad Wade could take care of us all weekend.
- I've gotten cuddles from Gage lately. He has always been a bigger cuddle bug then Noah, he tries to find any excuse to sleep in our bed. Noah wants his own space. I love that Gage isn't old enough and will still let me curl up and take naps with him.
- The weather outside is not frightful....but BEAUTIFUL! I love autumn time in Iowa. I love the pumpkin farms, the leaves changing color the cooler weather.
I found this - Sunkist Cherry Limeade- at the store the other day. Give it about an hour and a half in the freezer before opening it and it's like you drove straight to Sonic!
Happy Wednesday - Hump Day - It's almost the end of the week! What is your good news this week?
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Thanks Kristy - I hope you get yours soon - and thanks Heather for hosting, it was a fun time!
I think that I will be hosting my book swap again in the month of October, so be on the lookout!
1. How cool! My husband is stuck in surgery. SURGERY. wow. That means that yes, this is true, and he really is going to actually be a doctor someday. Sometime it seems so far away. He said it was really cool and he was scrubbed in helping for most of the surgery. It started at 12:15 and didn't end until around 7:45. It was on a foot. More precise, a heel. I had no idea you could do that much work on such a small area.
2. How sad! Gage slept in yesterday and then I put the boys to bed by myself and he didn't get to see them at all. He had to leave at 5:30 this morning for a church meeting he has every week and I have a meeting at the school tonight that he needs to join me for so he won't get to see them today either. sad.
I guess this is the way it rolls from here on out.